The Qatar government has laid specific guidelines for citizens and residents when traveling to-and-from international destinations. These have been updated with specific reference to COVID-19 spread nationwide.
- Travelers are advised to keep themselves updated with the current regulations concerning COVID-19 travel and return policy. This must be done through official sources and websites before planning to travel to the State of Qatar.
- COVID-19 Country Red Risk Classification is no longer applicable.
- Only those travelers who are testing positive for COVID-19 are required to quarantine themselves as per the guidelines of the State of Qatar.
- Citizens and residents of the State of Qatar must take a Rapid Antigen (RAT) test within a period of 24 hours upon arrival in the State of Qatar at one of the Primary Health Care Centers or private medical centers, noting that the health status in the Ehteraz application will be updated to become gray in case of non-compliance with the test procedure.
- Visitors must bring a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test certificate with a negative result valid for 48 hours or a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) certificate valid for 24 hours, from the scheduled flight to the State of Qatar. Note that Rapid antigen self-test is not valid for travel purposes.
- GCC nationals and residents must download the Ehteraz mobile app and activate it on their mobile phones using a local or international SIM card, noting that they are excluded from the pre-entry online registration.
- All other categories not belonging to (section 6) above are also obligated to download the Ehteraz mobile app and activate it on their mobile phones using a local or international SIM card; And to register in the pre-entry online registration system through the website (www.ehteraz.gov.qa) within at least three (3) days before arrival. All relevant documents to be uploaded in accordance with the following:
|Polymerase Chain Reaction test (PCR) |
Rapid antigen (RAT) test
Serology Antibody Test for those vaccinated with conditional vaccines
|Travelers have the option to either upload the pre-entry COVID-19 test or show the original.|
|Certificate/s of vaccination or certificate/s of recovery||Uploading these documents during the electronic registration phase is optional.|
List of Approved and Conditionally Approved Vaccines by Ministry of Public Health
Following is the list of approved and conditionally approved vaccines as specified by the Ministry of Public Health:
|Approved Vaccines||Conditionally Approved Vaccines*|
|AstraZeneca (Covishield/Oxford/Vaxzevria)||Sputnik V|
|Jansen/Johnson and Johnson (only one dose)||Covaxin|
Etheraz Mobile Application Policy
- To gain access to public facilities around Qatar, travelers are required to Green health status indicated on their Etheraz mobile application.
- For travelers with COVID-19 positive report, the health status will reflect Red color on their Etheraz app throughout the isolation period, until the result of their test comes out negative.
- Diplomats, administrative card holders and VIP visitors arriving on official state visits are excluded from this measure.
COVID-19 Tests Cost
|Type of Test||Cost Per Test|
|PCR Test||QR 160|
|Rapid Antigen||QR 50|
|Serology Antibody Test (point)||QR 50|
*For more details on the same travelers are required to refer to the travel policy by the State of Philippines.